Now that it is available here in the Philippines, I am currently upgrading to the new iOS6. And you couldn't imagine how excited and anxious I feel right now. Excited because, well, who wouldn't be excited to use iOS6? Anxious because I don't know if I will be 100% satisfied with the new upgrade. But of course, a better life (and a better iPhone) comes with taking a few risks. So how do you upgrade to iOS6? Read on.
If you use any of these Apple devices (iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 4G, iPad2, iPhone 4, New iPad, and iPhone 3GS), you can upgrade to iOS6 in a few simple steps:
1. Keep your device plugged to a power source--the installation process may take a long time so it wouldn't hurt plugging your Apple just so it won't run out of battery during the process.
2. Click the Settings icon.
3. Next, click on the General option.
4. In General, click on the Software Update option.
5. If the iOS6 software update is available for installation to your Apple device, you will get this notification. Click Learn More if you wish to see the change log highlights. If you cannot wait any longer, then go ahead and click Download and Install.
7. Click Download and Install. This will prompt your device's system to download all the installation files (around 636 MB). NOTE: Your device should have AT LEAST 2.50 GB free memory.
8. After all the installation files have been downloaded, the system will restart to begin installation. Don't do anything to interrupt the process. Just like how doctors put their patients into coma to repair and better the body's functioning, Apple is upgrading everything in your device at this point.
9. Once installation is done, you will be directed to your home screen. To double check if your Apple device is already running iOS6, just go to Settings > General > About.
Let me know how it went! :)